Ford

Print
Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

 Smiley Ford Neon

The first Ford dealership franchise in Mesa was granted in 1913. The direct lineage continues today. Over the years there were several locations and owners. It passed into the hands of Riley C. Smiley in 1948 who renamed the dealership Smiley Motors at 255 West Main Street.

C.M. Berge was taken on as a partner in 1951. Two years later the name was changed to Smiley-Berge motors. In 1960 the business relocated to 256 East Main. This neon sign was likely installed at that time.

After R.C. Smiley retired in 1965, the dealership was renamed for a final time – to Berge Ford.